Tuesday, April 17, 2012

When to Toss Out Expired Medicine


Yesterday, I was re-stocking my vitamin supply and sorting my medicine cabinet when I noticed- oops!  Some of my medicine had expired.  Time to toss it out.  


Here's the deal: the expiration date is a mandatory indicator of how long the medicine or supplement is guaranteed to be effective.  Taking it after the expiration date may not be harmful (I'll 'fess up- sometimes I've pushed it by a month or so) but it may not be helpful either.  

Bottom line is: time's up.  Expired items cause clutter and inefficiency.  So toss out the old and bring in the new; you'll feel all around better for it.


Tell me, Appleshiners, do you have lots of expired items in your medicine cabinet?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...